Terms of Service
- You must be 13 years or older to use this site.
- You are responsible for any activity that occurs under your screen name.
- You are responsible for keeping your password secure.
- You must not abuse, harass, threaten, impersonate or intimidate other CrowdVine users.
- You may not use the CrowdVine.com service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. International users agree to comply with all local laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content.
- You are solely responsible for your conduct and any data, text, information, screen names, graphics, photos, profiles, audio and video clips, links ("Content") that you submit, post, and display on the CrowdVine.com service.
- You must not modify, adapt or hack CrowdVine.com or modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with CrowdVine.com .
- You must not create or submit unwanted email or messages ("Spam").
- You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
- You must not, in the use of CrowdVine, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws).
Violation of any of these agreements will result in the termination of your CrowdVine.com account. While CrowdVine.com prohibits such conduct and content on its site, you understand and agree that CrowdVine cannot be responsible for the Content posted on its web site and you nonetheless may be exposed to such materials and that you use the CrowdVine.com service at your own risk.
- We reserve the right to modify or terminate the CrowdVine.com service for any reason, without notice at any time.
- We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
- The CrowdVine service makes it possible to post images and text hosted on CrowdVine to outside websites. This use is accepted (and even encouraged!). However, pages on other websites which display data hosted on CrowdVine.com must provide a link back to CrowdVine.
Copyright (What's Yours is Yours)
- We claim no intellectual property rights over the material you provide to the CrowdVine service. Your profile and materials uploaded remain yours. You can remove your profile at any time by deleting your account. This will also remove any text and images you have stored in the system.
- We encourage users to contribute their creations to the public domain or consider progressive licensing terms.
- CrowdVine undertakes to obey all relevant copyright laws. We will review all claims of copyright infringement received and remove content deemed to have been posted or distributed in violation of any such laws. To make a claim, please provide us with the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or the person authorized to act on its behalf;
- A description of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed;
- A description of the infringing material and information reasonably sufficient to permit CrowdVine to locate the material;
- Your contact information, including your address, telephone number, and email;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and, under the pains and penalties of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
Additional Rules for Network Creators
- If you are using a free site, you must abide by the Google Adsense rules for site content. Your network may not include:
- Violent content, racial intolerance, or advocacy against any individual, group, or organization
- Pornography, adult, or mature content
- Hacking/cracking content
- Illicit drugs and drug paraphernalia
- Excessive profanity
- Gambling or casino-related content
- Content regarding programs which compensate users for clicking on ads or offers, performing searches, surfing websites, or reading emails
- Sales or promotion of weapons or ammunition (e.g., firearms, fighting knives, stun guns)
- Sales or promotion of beer or hard alcohol
- Sales or promotion of tobacco or tobacco-related products
- Sales or promotion of prescription drugs
- Sales or promotion of products that are replicas or imitations of designer goods
- Sales or distribution of term papers or student essays
- Any other content that is illegal, promotes illegal activity, or infringes on the legal rights of others
Several images offered as part of the site design background image feature are offered with a free, attribution, or creative commons license. If you use them in your own projects, check with the creator for attribution and license rules.
- Grey Stripes - From the Skinbu Wordpress Theme.
- Argyle, Acorn, Overly Rosie, and Red Humidor - From DinPattern.
- Curtains and Brushed Metal - from Backgrounds Etc. under Creative Commons Attribution.
- Warm Amber Wall - from Webtreats Etc.
- Black Sea Bloom, Blue Grunch, and Saturday Warmth - from COLOURlovers under Creative Commons Attribution
- Hearts - from Pattern8
Claims can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or Social Workshop, 53 S. Knoll Rd., Mill Valley CA 94941. Contact the agent designated to receive and act on copyright violations under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).
(These terms of service were inspired by Twitter (which uses TOS inspired by Flickr).)